Every investor targets to start a company that will give them a large profit margin. Traditional types of businesses are corporations, partnerships, and sole proprietorship. Due to the mode of trade and changing market trends, there was a need to create a hybrid of traditional business models; US LLC came to life. They are easy to incorporate and operate. Individual assets are safe since you cannot use them as collateral.
Different states have different rules that govern the running of LLCs. We will look at a few states conducive to run a successful LLC. As always we recommend the great posts that you can find by clicking here.
1. New Mexico
New Mexico is in the Southwest part of the US. As a member state of the US, it has rules governing the running business. LLC is the easiest form of business you can start in New Mexico.
The ruled governing the running of business favors startup LLC than any other kind of startup.
As a startup investor, you will enjoy the benefits of incorporating an LLC in New Mexico as follows:
- There are easy tax filing methods. The tax treatment policies are lenient for LLCs.
- Business liabilities and debts are separate from personal liabilities. Your assets are safe and free from all business losses and debts.
- The registration method of an LLC is simple and straightforward. The Regulation, management, administration, filing, and compliance are quick.
- Your LLC has a chance to grow to a medium-sized company within the first year of operation.
- If you have an LLC operating outside of New Mexico< you can extend to New Mexico by registering a foreign LLC
Wyoming is one of the states where your LLC is not subject to income tax. You can list your business taxes in the form of personal income tax. Other benefits of running LLC in Wyoming Includes:
Lifetime proxy, which allows anonymity. You can express your vote through a representative.
Residents of Wyoming’s enjoy fewer taxes and operating fees when they run an LLC in their home state. This is opposed to residents of other states who have to register foreign LLC in Wyoming.
Delaware has the best reputation as a business-friendly state. Most startup businesses have over 80% chances of growing to be medium level businesses. When a resident of Delaware decides to rule the company outside the borders of Delaware, they will not pay taxes of businesses operating outside the state. Therefore the members of LLC will enjoy larger profit margins. Delaware has Chancery Courts, which exclusively holds business-related cases. Therefore, any legal procedures you need to undertake will take minimal time. The judges are well conversant with business matters; therefore, there is no chance of misinterpretation of the law.
Nevada offers the best tax incentives in the entire US. Your business will not be subject to business income tax, capital gain tax, state corporation tax, and franchise fees. These conditions allow your business to generate enough profits that you can re-inject as capital. In the end, your startup LLC will grow into a medium-income company. In Nevada, LLCs can issue shares for personal property, real estate, and capital.
The members of LLCs in Nevada enjoy privacy protection rights. Therefore anonymity applies when purchasing shares.
The Advantages of Incorporating an LLC
- Your personal properties are free from any business operations and interaction;
- You can choose anonymity even when you are the largest shareholder of an LLC. You use a representative to buy the shares on your behalf.
- In most states, LLCs are not subject to taxations. In the other states LLC are free from double taxations, which are a common phenomenon among corporations.
- Non-residents and aliens can be members of any corporation in any state in the US.
- There is less paperwork in the running of an LLC. It is not compulsory to have annual meetings as opposed to run a corporation or partnership.
- LLCs can distribute their profits depending on their terms.
- Individuals, corporations, and other LLC can come together as LLC. However, banks and insurance companies are not allowed to form LLCs.
Disadvantages of LLCs
You cannot bank a check from a limited liability business. The banks that allow the checks to have higher fees to the companies.
Each member of the LLC must keep their business separate from the LLC business.